Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Gumball Machine

Welcome to The Lego Kids Blog. My brother and I will share with you our creations. If you want to find a tutorial to build a life-sized LEGO statue of Batman, this isn't the place. If you want to create a LEGO replica of the battle of Endor, wrong again. But, I will share cool, simple tutorials  for things my brother and I build. Enjoy!

I found a neat picture of a bubblegum machine on Pinterest, so I recreated it. Here's some pictures I took to show you how to build it:

LEGO Bubblegum Machine

 Here are the pieces you will need.
  • 1 2x2 tile 
  • 2 1x2 bricks (Tile and bricks should match in color. Any color is fine, but a bright one like red or blue works best.)
  • 2 Gray headlight bricks
  • Gray 1x1 slope piece
  • 1 T-bar piece
  • 1 1x2 clear brick
  • Six small beads (Or something of similar size and shape. They have to fit inside the clear brick)
  • Black stool piece
Put the headlight bricks on the stool. 
 Note: I used a headlight brick (left) and a "1x1 gray brick with one side stud" (right) but I'd figure I'd make it simpler by just saying two headlight bricks. Either way will work.
Now the two 1x2 bricks.

Now you can add the T-bar and slope piece to the headlight bricks.

 Now, here's the tricky part. Turn the clear brick upside down. (It should be hollow)
Now put the beads in the brick. Now, you pick it up. Be careful not to spill the beads! Turn the rest of the gumball machine upside down and attach the clear brick with the beads as shown below.


 Now add the tile on top. Ta-da! Now, treat your mini-figs to some gumballs. Or M&Ms. Or whatever you want to pretend is in there. Building it is only half the fun! Play with your creations too!

No comments:

Post a Comment